Alternative Waste Treatment
The Rivers Regional Council (RRC), in partnership with the councils of Mandurah, Murray and Serpentine-Jarrahdale, is investigating the feasibility of establishing a Resource Recovery Facility (RRF) for the region.
The RRC has commissioned a consultancy team undertake the study which involves the following:
- Development of a Project Plan
- Development of land and technology options guiding principles
- Preliminary technical and financial assessment of technologies
- Consultation with the community and stakeholders (See community engagement for phase 1 report)
- Detailed assessment of preferred sites and technologies
- Assessment of waste collection systems (See Waste Collection Systems Report)
- Preparation of detailed financial models and a Business Plan
It is expected that the research will be completed by mid 2008.
Please choose from one of the following pages.
- Community Engagement
- Technology Selection Principles
- Site Selection Principles
- AWT Communications